Goal: "To provide all who use its services with the greatest facilities in all types of economic and banking matters"
Banco Popular Español was incorporated on July 14, 1926. Its first corporate name was Banco Popular de los Previsores del Porvenir. It was first incorporated with capital of ten million pesetas. Its goal, "to provide all who use its services with the greatest facilities in all types of economic and banking matters", undertaking "all transactions inherent to credit institutions as established by the Commercial Code currently in force.”
The Bank commenced its operations on October 14 that same year and was inaugurated in an event attended by His Majesty King Alfonso XIII and the entire Government of the nation.
The vicissitudes and consequences of the Spanish Civil War and World War II conditioned its growth during the first 20 years.
In February 1947 the bank changed its first corporate name to the current one of Banco Popular Español. Share capital was then raised to 100 million pesetas and the Bank acquired national relevance.
In the 1950’s, the foundations for the firm development of the Bank were set.